Mental health concerns are gradually becoming more and more of a societal problem. There has been a drastic increases in mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression. This could be due to a wide variety of factors, such as increased emphasis on perfection in grades, stressful personal life events, or simply genetics. While these are more prevalent in our society, there is still a negative stigma surrounding mental illness, which seems extremely counterproductive. Depression and anxiety can be addressed in our classrooms by simply having the difficult discussion and by offering support and coping mechanisms, but it is equally as important that we do not discredit their struggle by saying their struggle can be easily solved through maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Acknowledge the fact that it is never easy and it will never be a linear progression to improvement. Be patient and supportive
Hi Hannah! I have visited the University of Buffalo before and I wondered if that is close to you! I have never seen field hockey played before so you'll have to show me some day! Great career goals, your future is bright!
ReplyDeleteHello Hannah! I am also from New York, but about 8 hours away from you! I am from Long Island, but my twin brother attends the University at Buffalo, so I have been there before. I have been to a few field hockey games this year, and I happened to catch you playing quite a bit. I had the wonderful opportunity to watch you make some amazing saves as goalie! So far, it seems like you are doing fantastic things and I cannot wait to hear about all of your accomplishments down the road! Keep shining!
ReplyDeleteHi Hannah! Im from Rochester, NY so were only about an hour away from each other! We hvae very similar goals and are involved in similar things. I am on the lacrosse team so that takes up a lot of my time and one day I would love to be a coach. Its awesome being a student athlete in our major at SRU.
ReplyDelete